The Johnson County Detention Center is located at the Johnson County Sheriff's Office complex at 301 Porter Industrial Road. The detention center opened in 1997 and replaced the former jail which was located on the 3rd floor of the Johnson County Courthouse.
There are 17 full-time employees, including the jail administrator, detention deputies, and a cook. The detention center is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It was designed to house 105 inmates, both males and females, on felony and misdemeanor charges.
Inmates are held for all agencies within Johnson County and any other agency requesting housing, if available. Inmates sentenced to the Arkansas Department of Corrections are housed until they are ready to be transported. It is not designed to hold juvenile offenders for more than 6 hours. It is a non-smoking facility. Act 309 inmates from the Arkansas Department of Corrections are responsible for the building maintenance & cleaning, grounds upkeep, cooking, and laundry.
Visitation for inmates is on Saturdays only, the schedule is as follows:
- Female inmates with last names beginning with A-L 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Female inmates with last names beginning with M-Z 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Male inmates with the last names beginning with A-G 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Male inmates with the last names beginning with H-L 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Male inmates with the last names beginning with M-R 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Male inmates with the last names beginning with S-Z 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
You can now add money to an inmate's books for commissary by clicking the picture below.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION - Click to print the application.